Friday, June 18, 2010

Installation from Hell part 4

so the guy finally figures out how to connect the dvr to the monitor and proceeds to put the cameras up. he bitches and moans the whole time because he has to drill holes and crawl into a closet space to do this. He leaves dust every where he has to drill holes and doesn't clean up after himself.

Then he tells us we need more cable to install the outside cameras. We have to pay for this additional cost and schedule yet another installation visit.

Fast forward a few days later. He comes back and is finally able to connect all four cameras. Phew.

BUT! then he needs to make sure they all work and they can be viewed online. Hours later we still can't figure it out so I send him home because I am tired after having spent literally most of the day with him around. He's a decent guy, but come on now. This is all happening around the holidays and I'd much rather be out Christmas shopping then having to babysit the installer.

So we schedule another visit for him to help us figure out how to view this system online. More hours pass. Finally, we figure out that you can only view it using Internet Explorer. The cameras are set up. He has the password to view our cameras. I'm a little creeped out by it, but let that go. I hope that we are finally done...

4 comments:

  1. I ent through this same thing with Lorex. I had 5 failures in 4 months, two complete installs and take downs of thir=er system because it kept failing. They tried to blame everything except for the crappy chinese junk they give people for 5 times what it's worth. Then compare the amount spent on install, take down, install etc and they ripping people off left and right. I had the same, "we sent you an email with the return shipping labels" but they never did. LIES!

    These people are criminals trying to sell their junk and pass it off as a safety item, or baby monitors. I wouldn't trust my garbage cans to their system.

    I sent there crappy system back and they will not respond to sending me my refund. So what out for that. I suggest posting on Facebook annd twitter (until they block you, like they did me) so at least others realize how they operate.

    I was so fed up I bought a $250 system on ebay with twice as many camrras as the $800 Lorex and it is light years ahead of their system in user interface and ease of setting up. Lorex is the worst company I've ever encountered.

    Good luck, but make sure you report them to the BBB consumer affairs and leave remarks on their FB and twitter accounts. Maybe it will save a few people from the experience.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed lorex custoer service sucks and this popped up first! that is great!! I was scared for life by the Horrible Serive from Lorex that I will randomly just go to review sites and plater bad reviews about my experience. I recomend anyone who had experience like this to do the same, or they will never change. I will never buy from a Canadian based company again, or from Lorex Technologies. I bought a much, much cheaper system that is ten time better! Lorex stuff is so outdated, i don't know how they can stay in business. I guess they rip enough peole off that it is worth them to send junk out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recomend Hikvision or epcom this one are mor profesional camaras. and i dont recomend wirles camaras wire camaras have more cuality and cost less

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) when I was 46 years old 2 years ago. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help. The medical team did even less. My decline was rapid and devastating. my arms weakened first, then my hands and legs. Last year, a family friend told me about DOCTOR JAMES Herbal mix medicine and his effectiveness in treating l ALS , I contacted him. and ordered for his herbal mix medicine, i was happy to report the treatment effectively treated and reversed my Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), most of the symptoms stopped, i was able to walk and eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly., i'm pretty active now and my attitude is extremely positive.i joyfully recommend you to DR.JAMES because health is wealth this is a very bad experience with those living with ALS or any other diseases like Shingle,schizophrenia,Bipolar,Stroke, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes please do not hesitate to contact him on his Email Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete