Friday, June 18, 2010

Additional notes regarding Installation from Hell

Knowing that we would soon be filing a complaint against this God-awful company, I wrote notes to myself at the time, detailing the hassle:

Wed 12/23/2009 4:43 PM

I am so annoyed.

Our camera installer kept us waiting for several days to finish the installation of the camera system.

He was supposed to come by on 12/17 but had to cancel. When he called to cancel he said he might be able to come over the weekend on either 12/19 or 12/20 after he was finished with a job. At some point that weekend, he contacted me to let me know he couldn’t come but promised he would come over on Monday 12/21. On 12/21 he called around noon to tell me he couldn’t come by after all but would be there the next day on 12/22. On 12/22 he did not show up or call to let me know he wasn’t coming. He called the morning of 12/23 and acted as though our appointment was always for Wednesday – when I pointed out it was supposed to be yesterday he said a bunch of emergencies came up. Also, when I spoke to him Wednesday morning, he wanted to cancel again because of the snow; his reason being he didn’t want to track snow into our house. I told him we really needed to get this done and to please show up.

Each day he was supposed to show up I had to stay at the house waiting for him.

On 12/23 he showed up around 9:30 to finish the install. He drilled a hole through the stairway trying to get through the closet. He promised to patch it up, but we will have to repaint. He had to cut two more holes on the wall by the closet so we didn’t have an exposed wire going up the wall. He’s supposed to patch those up too.

He is still here trying to get the remote website to work; I told him to finish with the remaining two cameras before it gets dark. He said he wouldn’t be able to come back to get the remote website to work but may be able to walk me through it over the phone.

The entire time he was here he was bitching and moaning over what a pain in the ass the camera system was.

Also, adapters for the cameras were missing; I had to buy them from the website.

1 comment:

  1. Lorex remote simply doesnt work, this is a total shit system, ive been a network administrator for years, its not like I dont know how to port forward.

    This system is total garbage, none of their apps work for the iphone or anything period. The web interface doesnt even work locally, its absurd.

    It reaches out to www.nvrddns.com a nonexistant domain to pull down the plugins required, I think Lorex is two steps away from bankruptcy and the sooner the better.

    I got a bunker hill and it was a peace of cake to setup.

    ReplyDelete