Friday, June 18, 2010

Customer Service Purgatory

Okay, the company US Install that I was referred to, is actually Lorex Installation, a subsidiary of Lorex (or at least so says the recorded greeting).


I finally speak to someone and they tell me they would charge us $99 for someone to come out here and they would have to charge me to today. I declined because I think this is ridiculous. I asked whether or not there is a warranty and they said we’d have to contact Lorex about that and supply them with receipts and all that bull shit. They told me we’d have to pay first and then request to be reimbursed by Lorex. I told him I’d schedule later and if there was someone I could talk to about honoring the warranty.


He gives me another 1800 number to call and the message says there is a 1 year free warranty period on equipment and technical assistance. I'm on hold for like twenty minutes. This is bullshit.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had as much hell as you have (from and install perspective) since I installed my own system, but I do agree that their customer service is SHIT. I received my system, which had a damaged monitor. They replaced it, and surprisingly it was the only time everything went well with customer service. I didn't decide to install the system for another few months, but when doing so I ended up finding 4 crushed cameras. I called support and had to chase them down to get back to me to get these replaced. My DVR failed 3 months after set up, and that support experience sucked as well. They were supposed to have a tech contact me, who never did. I had to call them back numerous times to get the support ticket resolved. Eventually I got my new DVR weeks later! Recently the Android app doesn't work due to an update that went out in March. Yes I said March! Since March I have not been able to have the piece of mind I would like to remote view my security cameras while I'm away. I created a ticket because its supposed to be more convenient, right? Wrong! These idiots basically tell me what I already know and that they will let me know when an update comes out, but no ETA. I ask for an ETA and again no answer. Only after two more attempts to contact them do they finally reply and tell me that they are working on it.

    ReplyDelete