Friday, June 18, 2010

Disputing the Bill

When we first inquired about installation, we were told the cost is $799. Period. Not $799 plus fees. Not even $799.00 plus tax.

At some point, I got a phone call to charge the installation. It was in the middle of a meeting with my daughter's teacher so I give them the credit card info quickly and hung up. Days later, my S.O. gets the bill and is freaking out. The bill is for about $1400.00

I get chewed out. I call back to get a breakdown of the costs and it turns out there are fees! And the extra wiring we had to buy! So we have to pay almost double of what we were originally quoted.

I don't have time to look this up right now, but I will provide a breakdown of that bill plus all the extra costs we incurred for the adapter that wasn't included in the original box, the special monitor we had to buy, and the flatscreen tv we bought which we were told by the installer could be used in lieu of a monitor (but didn't work).

So we started the process of disputing the bill. Then one of the cameras malfunctioned. And then lots of other horrible crap happened in our personal lives (which is for another blog) that prevented us from devoting the time necessary to deal with Lorex.

Given the bullshit we're getting trying to get someone to help us with our camera system that is less than 1 year old, we're going to pursue disputing the bill once again. I'll keep better records this time and will post about the ordeal to come.

People - if someone out there reads this and if you want to learn one thing, learn this: LOREX SUCKS.

1 comment:

  1. I wanna say that this blog is one of the best blog I encounter but I'm looking forward to the post of gps tracking USA.

    ReplyDelete